Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
5.76 MB | 30+ pages
This is an entire weekly unit in Spanish on "the world", with a grammar focus on irregular stem-change verbs, specifically verbs that change o to ue. It contains vocabulary, grammar, practices, a fun project, and multiple quizzes. The advanced activity has students apply world words to a story "La luna roja" by Pedro Pablo Sacristán.
- vocabulary list - with 22 vocabulary words and grammar points
- powerpoint - with pictures vocabulary nouns for practice
- song lyrics (goes with: "Tenemos el mundo entero" found on YouTube)
- grammar lesson - stem-change verbs (o to ue)
- speaking and listening practices
- mini project - "En mi sueno...": students write, draw, and present project in which they use personification and their vocabulary to say "what happens in their dream"
- reading and grammar quiz (2 versions for retakes)
- advanced assignment - an independent activity to challenge strong students ("La luna roja" by Pedro Pablo Sacristán.)
- Each quiz has a rubric at the bottom, which can be easily changed for your own state standards
- In our class, if a student gets 100% correct on the quiz, he or she receives a "proficient" (4/5). The student must complete the advanced assignment in order to get an "advanced" (or a 5/5 to get an A). This may seem confusing, but works very well in our classes for differentiation. Feel free to adapt the grading for what is best for your class, though. :)