The Bilingual Frontier presents a pre-made and editable modified Total Physical Response, or TPR, PowerPoint called El Viaje focusing on travel vocabulary. Students will create motions for vocabulary words. In this unit teachers should follow the next steps to teach the unit.
1) Teacher previews each slide to students asking them to only listen as the teacher reads each definition.
2) Teacher returns to slide one, reads the definition, and then asks students to get into groups to make a motion for the specific vocabulary term. Actions must be 1-Silent, 2-Able to be performed seated, & 3-Must relate to the term being taught.
3) Teacher asks student groups to share signs and teacher chooses one sign to use for the entire class to use.
4) Practice the sign with the definition of the word, students only sign. Teacher reads.
5) Repeat steps with next slide, quiz students of previous signs.
Lastly, students read definitions while doing signs with teacher.