El Alumno Ideal Resource Intended Level: Spanish 2+ This activity is totally doable for Spanish 1 (Novice-High)
El Alumno Ideal is a scenario-based task featuring 10 scaffolding activities that include: reading, writing and speaking. The activity is designed to encourage students to think about the life and habits of a good student. This resource will also entertain! When students read the narratives of a student who thinks she is an ideal student, they will be amused by her shenanigans and lack of self-awareness.
This resource includes:
1. Pre-reading activity
2. Ideal student list
3. Vocabulary list of words in both stories
4. Informational text on “El alumno ideal” (emphasizes good habits and how to become a “good student.”)
5. True/False activity related to the article.
6. Infographic- scenario-based activity
7. Meet the candidates: Two narratives; Spoiler alert, the girl who applies is a "hot mess."
8. Criteria list and note-taking sheet
9. Letter to candidates
10. Post-reading comprehension question for the candidates
While most of the language is present tense- there is a spattering of the preterite and imperfect tenses, in addition to commands (when stating the criteria for the candidates).