This reading features a dialog between two friends, one of which is trying to get the other to be more environmentally conscious!
In addition to a lot of environmental vocabulary, the reading features multiple uses of por and para. It includes 5 reading comprehension questions in Spanish and a glossary of new vocabulary.
Activity idea: Have students read the script in pairs and then translate. Afterwards, using the new vocabulary students can do pair or group debates on the benefits of recycling, transit vs.car use etc.
You may also enjoy my Intermediate Reading Bundle. It includes all 10 of my top intermediate readings for only $6.95! - click here for savings!
1. A Competitive Family (comparatives)
2. Summer Fun (preterite and imperfect)
3. At a Wedding (preterite and imperfect)
4. At the Movies (preterite and imperfect)
5. On Vacation (imperfect only)
6. New Year's Eve (future tense)
7. The environment (por and para)
8. Apartment Hunt (present subjunctive)
9. A Birthday Party (present continuous)
10. University (conditional tense)