Also included in
- This bundle includes resources about several holidays and traditions from the Spanish speaking world. All materials are in Spanish and written for students in their first years of language study. The following traditions are addressed in these materials:Tió de Nadal: the pooping log tradition from C$25.00$31.00Save $6.00
Unleash the ilusión de la lotería in your Spanish classes this holiday season!
Use this 6-7 day unit to teach Spanish 1 and 2 students about the Spanish Christmas Lottery. This is the perfect way to bring the holiday spirit into your classes without working with any specific religious holiday. Other than its name, the annual December 22 lottery has nothing to do with Christmas!
The materials include:
- activities for multiple authentic videos, including commercials, news stories, movie trailers, songs, and clips from TV programming
- a song activity with artist biographies in Spanish
- a 91-page slideshow that contains Spanish-language readings suitable for Spanish 1 students and beyond about the history of the lottery, the prizes, how the ticketing system works, the way that the lottery is announced, and a story about the winner of the Gordo
- discussion questions for all slides
- activities to practice large numbers in Spanish
- several writing activities
- communicative activities
Follow the step-by-step instructions, or use the raw materials combined with your own creativity and flair to create a memorable lotto lesson that is uniquely yours!
Note: DO NOT PURCHASE this product if you have purchased or plan to purchase UNIT 25 of the «Somos» Spanish 1 curriculum, "Cuesta demasiado", as this lesson is contained within that unit. Unit 25 introduces key vocabulary through storytelling that will help students to understand the Sorteo materials before jumping into the cultural component.