Elaboration Writing Activities Using Sensory Language
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- These writing activities are great for Google Classroom! Students will learn how to add details using sensory language, stretch sentences to add details, use dialogue with quotation marks, and use graphic organizers to organize any type of writing! Quickly assign in Google Classroom for sub plans oPrice $10.15Original Price $14.60Save $4.45
Students practice elaborating in their writing using imagery sensory details and sensory language with these fun activities! This resource includes 3 explicit teaching slides and 16 practice slides for students to elaborate in thier writing using sensory details. This resource provides many different descriptive writing activity types to promote transfer of elaboration writing skills to their independent writing.
Quickly assign in Google Classroom for writer's workshop mini lesson plans, emergency sub plans or literacy centers. This resource is the perfect way to differentiate to meet your students' writing needs in a snap!
❤️ Check out the preview!
- Students will add sensory details to boring sentences.
- Sort sensory language words into correct categories.
- Identify words that describe each of the five senses in writing.
- Describe a few favorite things with descriptive writing prompts.
- Drag and drop the correct describing word to complete a sentence.
Suggested answer key is provided so you don't have to come up with your own examples. It is completely editable so you can change it to meet your class' writing needs!
Stretching Sentences for Google Classroom
Do you use a different educational app? No worries! Clear and in-depth instructions are included for using this digital resource in the top educational apps (Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Schoology, Notability, Nearpod, Canvas, Edmodo, Blackboard, Pic Collage, Padlet, Evernote and Seesaw).
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Aimee M. says “Great tool to help those struggling with elaboration. Worked really well."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Diane E. says “Nice activity to enhance sensory language lessons"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️kalli M. says “OMG! Loved it, kids loved it! This is in my rotation now for next year"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Cherly W. says “My students and I LOVED this resource. It was a great step into elaborating in their own writing."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Lisa S. says “Great way to practice sensory details--love the drag and drop slides."
So, why should you go paperless??
★ Paperless resources save time! No standing at the copy machine!
★ All changes you or students make to the resource are automatically saved!
★ Perfect for Chromebooks, IPads, Tablets and laptops!
★ It is nearly impossible for students to lose their work!
★ Students are engaged while using my interactive digital resources!
★ No more trying to read students' handwriting!
★ No more packing heavy bags home with papers to check!
⭐Follow me for freebies, new products, and sales! All new products are 50% off for the first 48 hours!
❤️You may also like:
- Fluency Practice & Assessment
- Reading Comprehension Activities
- Graphing Activities (Bar Graphs, Line Plots, Pictographs)
- Fluency Practice & Assessment
- Comprehension Flip Book
- Graphic Organizer Anchor Charts for Writing
- Math for Google Classroom
- Reading for Google Classroom
- Writing for Google Classroom
- Word Work for Google Classroom