This set of 28 task cards is designed to meet all your students need. Each task card is one full page and includes three problems at various levels of difficulty.
Level 1 problems ask students to find elapsed time to the hour, quarter hour, and half hour. All level one problems include an analog clock to support students as they solve the problem.
Level 2 problems ask students to find elapsed time in 5 minute increments. All level 2 problems show a digital clock with either the starting time or the stopping time on it. Problems are a little more complex.
Level 3 problems ask students to find elapsed time in 1 minute increments. In addition, most problems are multi-step problems and could possibly ask students to make conversions between minutes and hours to find the correct answer.
This product also includes the answer key for each level as well as a student recording sheet.
Use this one set of task card to differentiate your students independent practice.
Here are ideas on how to use the task cards.
1. Get to know the difference between the three levels and assign your students a level to complete accordingly.
2. Challenge your students to complete all three levels.
3. Throw the task cards in a center for spiral review.
4. Use the task cards as a differentiated scoot game. All students work on the same card, but complete the level that is the best fit for them.
5. Use the task cards to help your whole class progress through your unit on multiplication. At the beginning of your unit you can have the whole class complete level 1 problems. Towards the end of your unit you can have your whole class complete level 3 problems.
Be sure to check out my other Differentiated Task Cards:
Area and Perimeter Differentiated Task Cards
Multiplication Differentiated Task Cards
Long Division Differentiated Task Cards