Election Activities for All Subjects | Digital and Printable
Election time is a great time of year to teach students many great things about our country. But, it's also a great opportunity to bring in lots of cross-curricular learning!
In this unit, you will find reading, math, social studies, and writing lessons that allow students to dive into what elections are all about.
There is also a mock election process included in this unit. Your students will complete the process of registering to vote, voting, and getting an "I Voted" sticker!
I suggest using the activities featured in this unit across the span of 2-3 days, but there is enough flexibility in this unit that you can use these pieces however you need to!
All pieces of this unit are:
- Two pages of lesson plans, including prep work you'll need to do!
- "What are Elections?" reading passage and comprehension questions
- Grace for President and Duck for President reading companion activities
- Persuasive election writing, complete with rubric
- Election graphing activities
- Addition, Subtraction, and Multiplication election riddles
- Election Web Quest
- Voter Registration Application + Cards
- Official Election Ballot (editable file included)
- "I Voted" stickers
- Google file with digital copies of all activities!
Celebrate election season with this great unit of voting and election-themed activities for your classroom!
@The Friendly Teacher, 2020