Begin to study electric circuits by lighting a variety of bulbs. Some are easy and intuitive; others are more of a puzzle. Figuring out each type is fun and informative. Using hands-on experiments gives students experience that becomes the basis of great classroom discussions.
NOTE: This is the written version of this lab, to see the video instructions, click here.
• Electric circuits require a complete loop or circle
• Light bulbs have two connections
1. 5 V batteries, twinkle lights, various light bulbs
This lab takes about 40 mins.
• Scaffolded writing prompts & lab reporting
Answer Keys and Teacher Notes
address most questions and issues that might arise in this study—you shouldn’t have to do any outside research unless you want to.
Connect with me…
• Click here
to visit my website to find out about teaching ideas and resources.
• If you enjoy this product, please leave feedback to earn credits for future purchases!
• If you have questions or problems, please let me know in the Q&A section and I’ll get back to you asap.