This bundle includes electric energy notes in both PowerPoint and Word format, 6 electric circuit worksheets with answer keys, and an electric conductors and insulators lab. I use all of this with my 5th graders, though it could be used for other grade levels as well depending upon your curriculum.
There are several worksheets included...
1. Creating A Circuit - Students draw complete circuits as they discover them through hands on activity.
2. Will It Light? - Students look at various circuits and decide whether they are complete or incomplete. There is space for students to explain their reasoning. Different configurations are given, including both parallel and series circuits, though those terms are not used (you can have your students use those words in their explanations if you'd like).
3. Pick What's Lit - Students look at various circuits and decide which light bulbs will stay lit if a certain wire is cut. Includes both parallel and series circuits, though those terms are not used on the worksheet.
4. Light It Up! - Several incomplete circuits are shown, and students explain what has to be done to "fix" the circuit and make it complete.
5. Light Bright - Two circuits are given, and students write a paragraph explaining which circuit will have the brightest bulbs based on the configuration.
6. Electric Circuits Quiz - Ten questions about circuits. Mostly multiple choice, with one question where students have to finish drawing a complete circuit.
Answer keys are included.
UPDATED: September 2013
I have added even MORE to this bundle to include an editable PowerPoint file of electric energy notes, an editable Word document of the same electric energy notes, and an electric conductors and insulators lab report.