These are notes I used in a High School, trig-based, honors Physics class. The notes are for Chapter 21 on Electric Fields in "Glencoe Physics: Principles and Problems", copyright 2005 (I didn't like the changes in the newer versions). The 28 PowerPoint slides cover . They are completely editable. The notes have suggestions for YouTube videos during class as well as active learning questions. All videos can be easily found on sites.google.com/view/physics-teachers-unite.
This product includes:
1) Lecture notes (28 slides, PowerPoint)
2) Handout of the lecture slides (5 pages, 6 slides on a page, PDF format)
3) Student worksheet on Electric Field Lines (this is a free resource from http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/estatics/Lesson-4/Electric-Field-Lines; answers can be found at this same website).
1) Creating and Measuring Electric Field Lines: electric field strength, Van de Graaff generator
2) Applications of electric fields: electric potential difference, electric potential in a uniform field, Millikan's Oil Drop experiment
3) YouTube videos that are helpful and when in the lecture to show them
4) Active learning questions to make sure everyone is paying attention!
If you like this resource, please check out my other Physics materials:
The Scientific Method & the history of physics
Electricity Unit Bell Ringers - High School Physics
Electrostatics Vocabulary WordFit Puzzle - High School Physics
HS Physics Electrostatics Exam