Electrify science instruction with hands-on activities! Students learn about electricity by building circuits. This unit includes lesson plans, lab sheets, review, assessment, extensions, and video links.
Basic Concepts Explored:
- Current electricity travels in a circuit.
- Parts include an energy source, electrical load, conductors, and a switch.
- Closed allow electrons to flow; open do not.
- Metals are good conductors.
- Resistors limit the flow of electrons. Therefore, electrical energy is converted to light and heat.
- Series circuits have only one path; therefore, when one load (bulb) is removed, others go out too. Parallel have two paths; therefore, when one load is removed, others stay on.
Click Preview to check out the supply list, activities, extensions, and more.