This is a challenging, engaging and enjoyable interactive game which can be played by individuals or teams. There are 35 differentiated questions on the basics of current electricity including:
- understanding the terms current, voltage and resistance;
- conductors and insulators;
- circuit symbol;
- circuits diagrams;
- units and measurement of current and voltage;
- current and voltage in series and parallel circuits;
- lamps in series and parallel.
Included in this Pack.
Interactive Question PowerPoint with 35 differentiated questions
Interactive Answer PowerPoint (which also shows the questions)
Pupil answer/score sheet
How it Works.
- Work through interactive Question PowerPoint.
- Pupils/teams write answers on recording sheet.
- Work through Interactive Answer PowerPoint.
- Pupils total their score
- Highest score wins.
Prior Knowledge Required
- The symbols for switch, resistor, battery, voltmeter, ammeter, motor, buzzer and able to recognise series and parallel circuits.
- Metals and non-metals as conductors and insulators.
- Current is a flow of electrons and metal ions cause resistance.
- Batteries contain chemicals and provide the push or voltage to current.
- Voltage is the difference in energy level between two points in a circuit.
- Comparative resistance of long/short, thin/thick wires.
- Know that insulators have high resistances and the resistance of all conductors is comparatively lower.
- Comparative brightness of identical lamps in series and parallel and the effect of removing a lamp.
- Ammeters are placed in series and voltmeters in parallel.
- Current is measured in amps and voltage in volts.
- Current in series and parallel circuits.
- Voltage in series and parallel circuits.
These learning outcomes, and others, are contained in fully resourced packs from Elf Off the Shelf. Each pack contains two PowerPoints and up to fourteen original and engaging pupil resources. They are also available as a substantially discounted bundles. Please follow the links below if you are interested in these resources.
Current, Voltage and Resistance Explained
Conductors and Insulators Free PowerPoint
Conductors and Insulators Fully Resourced Lesson
Circuits and Symbols
42 Question Card Sort Team Game
Intro to Current Electricity 1 - Bundle
Lamps in Series and Parallel (Free Fully Resourced Lesson)
35 Question Interactive Quiz
Intro to Current Electricity 2- Bundle
Batteries and Current
Batteries and Voltage
Current and Resistance
54 Question Boardgame
Intro to Current Electricity 3