Electricity – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to light terminology (static electricity, discharge, circuit, current electricity, parallel circuit, and series circuit).
• Positive and negative charges
• Negative charge transfer, attract, and repel
• How charges move
• Circuits and switches
• Series and parallel circuits
• Using electricity safely
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are static electricity, discharge, circuit, current electricity, series circuit, parallel circuit, switch, circuit breaker, lightning, attract, repel, and fuse.
• Activity two has students identifying circuits (whether they will light or not, which lights will, light, etc.). They color the lights that will light up according to the circuit layout and circle the area that will cause lights not to work.