This electricity unit is packed full of hands-on science investigations and detailed lesson plans that cover static electricity and current electricity concepts. This electricity unit also contains practice sheets, reading passages, and engaging activities.
Check out the preview for details!
This Unit Covers:
- Electrons, protons, neutrons (small lesson with atoms and matter)
- Static electricity (attraction, repulsion, and electrical discharge)
- Current electricity and its components (battery cell, wires, resistor/load/bulb)
- Simple circuit
- Series and parallel circuits
- Open and closed circuits
- Controlling the flow of the current (fuse, circuit breaker, switch)
- Conductors and insulators
- Electricity safety
And TWO BONUS lessons...
- Diagramming circuits
- How electricity gets to your home
With This Unit, You’ll Get:
- Non-fiction reading pieces to help practice reading skills
- Engaging, hands-on science investigations
- Higher-level thinking activities and cooperative learning
- Creative craftivities
- Science worksheets (or printables)
- Interactive notebook pages
- 15 high quality, day-by-day detailed electricity lesson plans (linked in the pdf & digital version)
- Printable and digital versions!
- Answer keys
.… and so much more!
How You Can Use This Unit:
- Day-by-day lessons - as written
- As a supplement to an already established program
- Science or literacy centers
- Integrate into reader's workshop
- Response to intervention
- Whole group, small group, partners, or individual work
- Early finisher work
- Enrichment activities
- In-school technology practice or distance learning
Other Related Products You May Enjoy:
This resource is printer-friendly and includes a black and white version. I would suggest printing "as image" to avoid any potential issues. Please also make sure your adobe reader (or the like program) is up-to-date.
If you see ANYTHING that needs modifying or if you have any questions, please contact me via the Q&A. I take my product creation and your satisfaction very seriously! Thanks!
⭐Earn FREE Resources! ⭐
It's very important to me that you provide feedback so that I may improve and create products you will use and love! Please consider leaving detailed feedback. Additionally, each time you provide feedback, you earn TpT credits. These can be taken off purchases so you can get items free!
❤️Love What You See? ❤️
Join my email list here to get FREEBIES and so much more!
Follow my store here to get discounted goodies each time they're posted!
keywords: electricity, static electricity, circuits, electrical currents, electromagnets, conductors and insulators, electricity worksheets, electricity reading passages, electricity investigations, electricity labs, electricity lesson plans