- This pack introduces the circuit symbols for the battery, lamp, ammeter, voltmeter, switch, and resistor, then goes on to show how they are used to construct circuit diagrams from both sketches and descriptions of circuits. Pupils will get lots of practice in both drawing circuit diagrams and setting up circuits. Pupils will also be able to differentiate between a series and a parallel circuit.
- With 12 original and engaging pupil resources and 2 PowerPoints, this pack is designed to be totally bespoked to take account of pupil ability, time available to teach the topic and departmental policy and focus.
- A clear and concise one-page flow-chart shows the suggested lesson plan and where choices between the resources can be made – please see preview.
- Resources include elements of literacy, oracy, self-assessment, peer assessment and teacher assessment. These are clearly marked on the flow-chart.
- One PowerPoint is richly animated for teaching and includes a fully animated exit-ticket quiz. The other is a detailed answer and mark scheme for all classwork and homework sheets to enable easy self-assessment and peer assessment.
- There are 9 differentiated learning outcomes for this pack – please see preview.
- Full instructions for use are given on each resource.
- With foldable, cut-and-stick and fact sheet included this pack is also suitable for schools using interactive notebooks.
- This pack is effective as a stand-alone lesson but is also a part of a suite of 11 topics which are a comprehensive introduction to current electricity. Each topic is fully resourced with two PowerPoints, up to fourteen engaging resources, a suggested lesson plan and differentiated learning outcomes. The eleven topics are divided into sections and each section is also available as a value-for-money bundle. Links to individual resources and bundles are shown below.
Current, Voltage and Resistance Explained
Conductors and Insulators Free PowerPoint
Conductors and Insulators Fully Resourced Lesson
Circuits and Symbols
42 Question Card Sort Team Game
Intro to Current Electricity 1 - Bundle
Lamps in Series and Parallel (Free Fully Resourced Lesson)
35 Question Interactive Quiz
Intro to Current Electricity 2- Bundle
Batteries and Current
Batteries and Voltage
Current and Resistance
54 Question Boardgame
Intro to Current Electricity 3