Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Three lessons to introduce current electricity including understanding the terms current, voltage and resistance, conductors and insulators and circuit symbols and circuit diagrams. Bespoke each of the three lessons to take account of pupil ability, time available to teach the topic and departmental focus using an animated PowerPoint for teaching, a PowerPoint with detailed mark schemes for easy self-assessment and peer assessment and up to 14 engaging and challenging resources making 6 PowerPoints and 41 differentiated resources in total. This pack also includes a card sort game which can be played by individuals or teams. Three suggested lesson plans showing where the logical choices between resources can be made are also included.
With 33 individual learning outcomes which can be viewed in the preview, in short, this bundle:
· explains the terms current, voltage and resistance and the relationship between them;
· explores the conditions necessary for current to flow in a circuit:
· defines and explain the terms conductor and insulator and experimentally identifies examples of each;
· identifies the basic circuit symbols an introduces recognition of series and parallel circuits;
· provides practice in drawing circuit diagrams from sketches;
· provides practice in designing a test circuit and tables;
· provides practice in building circuits.
The resources include elements of literacy and oracy and frequent opportunities for assessment for learning provided by self-assessment, peer assessment and teacher assessment. All assessment is supported by PowerPoints with detailed answer and mark schemes.
The 41 differentiated, engaging and challenging resources include:
· Flip its (pupil writes questions to given answers);
· Anticipation Guides (combined starter and plenary)
· Cut-and-stick activities;
· Practical worksheets
· Card sort team game;
· Taboo Cards
· Pupil progress self-assessment checklists
There are three highly animated PowerPoints, each of which contains an exit ticket quiz.
There are three detailed flow-charts, each with a suggested lesson plan, which identify areas where choice between resources is logical and also the skills promoted in each resource.
The four resources contained in this bundle are also available as individual resources. Please follow the links below to view the individual resources.
Explaining Current, Voltage and Resistance
Conductors and Insulators (free PowerPoint)
Conductors and Insulators (fully resourced lesson)
Circuits and Symbols
42 Question Card Sort Team Game
Purchasing the bundle offers a 20% discount.