This 23 slide set covers the basics of the electromagnetic spectrum including:
• the different parts of the electromagnetic spectrum (radio, microwave, infrared, visible, ultraviolet, x-rays, gamma),
• the relationship between wavelength, frequency, and energy,
• and the characteristics and uses of each part of the electromagnetic spectrum
• links to animations online to help students see the relationships between wavelength, frequency, and energy.
• full color images
• three types of review questions: knowledge, understanding and application (answers included).
Do you find your students turn off their brain and just copy when you use powerpoints? I've found the best way to combat this phenomena is to have the main ideas come in one at a time. For that reason, you will find that my powerpoint slides have simple, quick powerpoint "actions" so that each big idea comes up when you want it to, with a simple mouse click or tap on your interactive white board. None of the actions are over-powering or distracting – instead, your lesson presents itself in a way that helps students to focus on the content and the discussions you encourage.
The preview is several pages of the powerpoint with the powerpoint actions intact so that you may evaluate the usefulness for your classroom situation. The slides are not necessarily in the same sequential order as they are in the full file.
I have many high quality products here on TPT - you may enjoy some of my bestselling products below:
Scientific Method / Experimental Design Unit
Jeopardy Style Review Games
Science Task Cards
Chemical Bonding Go Fish