Change a day of seat work into an Activity!
Students go into lab area and observe 20 elements in test tubes. Students:
• Write down element symbol
• Write down element name using element symbol
• Write down total number of electrons
• Write full electron configuration for element
• Student Activity Sheet
• Student Activity Make-up Sheet for Absent Students
• Student Activity Sheet with Answers in Italics
• Activity Quiz - Use as exit ticket, next day warm-up or quiz
• Activity Quiz Answer Key
• Teaching Tips and Set-up Directions
Make it a complete lesson by going over Electron Configurations and then off to the lab area!
You may also like:
Lab: Light, Energy and Electrons
Activity: Atomic History and Electron Dart Probability
Lab: Flame Test of Metallic Ions
Activity: Electron Configuration and Quantum Numbers
Activity: Electron Configuration and Orbital Diagram Notation
Test and Practice Test: Electrons in Atoms
Test and Practice Test: Light and EMS
Test and Practice Test: Electron Config. and Quantum Numbers
Teacher Friendly Chemistry Chapter Planning Pages
Copyright©Deanna York as Teacher Friendly Chemistry. This product is intended for classroom and personal use only. Posting or distributing Teacher Friendly Chemistry products for public view violates Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).