Element Crossword Puzzle
Atoms & Elements Unit
Students will be able to…
• Identify element names based upon atomic number, number of protons, number of electrons in a neutral atom, element symbol, and group/period location on periodic table.
• Element Crossword Puzzle
• Element Crossword Puzzle - KEY
(All items compiled in 1 PDF document. Document cannot be edited.)
Additional Required Materials:
(These items are not included in the purchase.)
• Periodic Table
Directions: Students will use the periodic table to fill in the crossword puzzle. All answers to the crossword puzzle are names of elements.
Types of Hints in Crossword:
- Element has ____ number of protons.
- Element has an atomic number of ___.
- A neutral element has ___ electrons.
- The symbol of the element is ___.
- The element is in group ___ and period ___
- The element is a metalloid/nonmetal and located in group/period
Ideas for Using Activity:
• Warm-Up assignment
o Day 1: Students complete crossword puzzle.
o Day 2: Students create their own crossword puzzle and key.
o Day 3: students trade crosswords with a partner and complete the created puzzles.
• Students can complete the crossword puzzle as an in class assignment. Then for HW, students could create their own crossword and key. Next class as a warm-up, students can trade crossword puzzle and complete each other’s crossword.
***This item may also be purchased as a part of the Atoms & Elements Unit – CURRICULUM BUNDLE
***Check out more Chemistry with Confidence Atoms & Elements Unit
***Check out more curriculum in the Chemistry with Confidence TeachersPayTeachers Store
***Check out the Chemistry with Confidence website