Periodic Table Unit
Students will be able to…
• Research information about an element on the Periodic Table
Items - two versions of an Element Project (each project contains a description of the information it covers)
• My Element Project
o Atomic number, average atomic mass, group name, metal/nonmetal/metalloid, solid/liquid/gas,
o Describe Neutral Atom: Bohr diagram, Lewis symbol, electron configuration, noble gas configuration, valence electrons
o Describe Ion: Bohr diagram, Lewis symbol, electron configuration, noble gas configuration, valence electrons, charge, cation/anion
o Which has larger ionic radius – neutral atom or ion
• What’s that Element? Project
o Atomic number, average atomic mass, group name, symbol, who discovered element, when element was discovered, solid/liquid/gas, metal/nonmetal/metalloid, describe appearance, list 3 uses/facts, 2 pictures, electron configuration, noble gas configuration, Bohr diagram, Lewis Symbol, charge of ion, cation/anion, list isotopes of the element, melting point, boiling point, ionization energy, electron affinity
(All items compiled in 1 PDF document. Document cannot be edited.)
Additional Required Materials:
(These items are not included in the purchase.)
• Periodic Table per student
• Research Material about Elements on the Periodic Table.
• Pick a project for students to complete. Students may complete the project on a single piece of paper. OR Students may arrange the information on a poster or PowerPoint presentation.
• Assign each student a different element. Assign students who are struggling, elements with lower atomic numbers (elements #1-20).
• To help students find information to complete their project, use the "Suggested Websites for Periodic Table Research
document available for free!
***This item may also be purchased as a part of the Periodic Table Unit – CURRICULUM BUNDLE
***Check out more Chemistry with Confidence Periodic Table Unit
***Check out more curriculum in the Chemistry with Confidence TeachersPayTeachers Store
***Check out the Chemistry with Confidence website