This hands on art lesson will show students how to use movement in art by creating jellyfish tentacles by blowing paint through a straw. Included is a one day lesson plan, in progress photo, many student samples and 2 teacher examples to review or share. I've also included a DIY guide to making liquid watercolors to recycle your old paint. Suggestions are made to extend the lesson to a second class.
The lesson plan includes a supply list, nat'l art standards, anticipatory set, objectives and step by step procedures.
This lesson could be tied into science lessons including a unit on ocean life or the concept of gravity.
Please reach out to me with any questions prior to purchase. Your feedback is valued as honest feedback improves the quality of all items on Teachers Pay Teachers. I love hearing about your student success stories. When you leave feedback you earn TpT credits, which may be used on products in any TpT store.
• Use this resource in your classroom (or homeschool environment) year after year.
• Copy this item (whole or in part) for use in your classroom by your students.
• Purchase extra licenses for others to use in their classrooms.
• Review this item for the purpose of recommending it to others provided you include a link to this product. This includes writing about this resource and sharing your own experience on your social media/blog.
You may not:
• Give a copy of this resource to others, including teachers, in any format.
• Copy any portion of this item for use by others.
• Post this resource on a website, including a personal, classroom or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this resource to offer for free or for sale.