I love this worksheet! This worksheet is meant to empower your students to brainstorm what the class rules should be. The questions very much guide them toward the "right" answers, and the discussion is led by the teachers, but this simple worksheet will accomplish great the following:
1. A way for students to contribute something to the discussion. They are not being told but being invited to share and create.
2. Gives students an opportunity to voice their opinions.
3. Student ownership in the rules "they" created for class.
4. Accountability to the rules since they agreed in the beginning of the year that these were the best rules for their class.
5. Helps them think about WHY we have these rules.