Products in this Bundle (25)
showing 1-5 of 25 products
GROWING bundle for Digital STEM challenges for Elementary! Perfect to support distance learning and hybrid classrooms.
- Complete Teacher Guide: Detailed teacher guide with links to resources, grading rubric, handouts on a STEM career connection and science background, and handouts for the engineering design process.
- Instructional videos: Led by an engineer, the videos include science background, STEM careers, real-world connections, and a detailed explanation for the STEM activity to guide students at home (or in class!).
- Printable Take-Home STEM Journals for sending packets home to students without internet access (editable pages in Google Slides)
- Digital STEM Journals for Google Slides and Flipgrid. These can be used in the classroom for paperless handouts or assigned for distance learning through Google Classroom, Schoology, Seesaw, or other platforms.
- Editable Note to Families
- Materials: Challenges will need low-cost materials.
- Antarctica Shelter Engineering Challenge: Designing an insulating shelter to prevent ice from melting! Students also learn about the STEM careers of geoscience, marine biology, and satellite engineering.
- Space Lander Engineering Challenge: Design a lander to safely keep “astronauts” safely inside a cup as it is dropped from various heights. The challenge incorporates key science concepts of shock-absorption, drag forces, and stability.
- Plants In Space Engineering Challenge: Learn about what plants need to survive and then build a mini greenhouse. Students are then tasked to use the engineering design process to design and build a device to support their greenhouse.
- Roller Coaster Engineering Challenge: Students design and build a fun and safe ride while learning about kinetic and potential energy!
- Zip Line STEM Activity - Virus Protection Engineering Challenge: Design a vehicle to travel down a zip line with an optional theme of a "virus protection" device that promotes social distancing.
- Musical Instrument: students will learn the science behind sound as they design and build their own musical instrument that can change the frequency (pitch) and intensity (loudness) of its sound.
- Moon Rover Challenge: NASA needs your help! Your mission is to use the engineering design process to design and build a rover to transport rock samples on the Moon.
- Save the Polar Bears Engineering Challenge: A family of polar bears need your help! Due to climate change, their sea ice home is melting, and we need to move the family to a new location. Use the engineering design process to design and build a boat to carry the polar bears to a new home.
- Moon Tower Challenge: Build a tower to hold up a welcome sign that includes an LED light that must be turned on with a switch on the ground (powered by a solar panel or coin cell battery).
- Hail Protection STEM Engineering Design Challenge: Use the engineering design process to create a device that protects a “car” from hail damage.
- UV Shelter: Students are on a mission to protect an astronaut from ultraviolet light over-exposure in this engaging STEM challenge. Using UV-sensitive beads, students explore how different materials absorb UV light and use the engineering design process to build a UV-safe shelter.
- Desk Name Plate: Design a light-up name tag or name plate!
- Digital Icebreakers: This download includes interactive icebreaker activities that will help educators get to know their students and build a strong relationship in a distance learning environment.
- Distance Learning STEM Scavenger Hunt: Students are tasked with finding different objects that represent a STEM word.
- Elementary STEM Careers BINGO Game! A BINGO career game for STEM careers! Includes career descriptions and fun facts about each STEM career. An easy, low-prep activity that can last from 20 - 60 minutes! Includes 32 game boards cover 24 STEM careers with a companion (editable) Google Slide presentation of each career.
- STEM Intro to Coding Communication Activity: Practice critical Stage 1 STEM communication skills with this intro to coding activity! This download provides options for distance learning including activities for live virtual classes, Google Slides / Google Classroom, Seesaw, Flipgrid, and printed packets.
- STEM Digital Task Cards: Get your students building and creating with 24 STEM activity task cards using common materials.
- STEM Digital Task Cards - Winter Edition
PLUS: Generic STEM Journals for any Challenge with Printed, Google, Seesaw versions
Looking for more STEM lessons? Find the Vivify resource guide here: bit.ly/VivifyResourceGuide
About STEM Challenges: Click here to learn more about the 3 Stages of STEM. STEM challenges are an engaging way to incorporate the engineering design process into your classroom or after school program! These hands-on activities allow students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own device.
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥