Elementary Fractions: A Comprehensive Set of 2nd to 4th Grade Common Core Learning Games and Critical Thinking Activities
This 115-page PDF download includes:
• 26 different active learning games specifically designed to support the learning of all the Common Core Standards related to fractions for students performing between the 2nd and 4th grade levels.
• Comprehensive mathematical thinking development
• Instructions, variations to scaffold and differentiate instruction
• Instructions on learning activities, assessments, sponge activities, and learning centers based on the games, cards, and the standards
• Rules constructed on schema of known games
• Intelligently considerate of children’s learning preferences.
Concepts and Skills: representing fractions in words, representing fractions as part of a unit, representing fractions in pictures, representing fractions in standard form, modeling fractions with concrete materials, ordering fractions, comparing fractions, adding fractions, subtracting fractions.
Note: a handful of the activities included involve adding or subtracting fractions. Skip these games for 2nd and 3rd grade as they should not be engaged in adding or subtracting fractions with uncommon denominators. The heart of each of the fraction resources available is the way we created each individual card deck. All the decks in the fraction series use the same games, rules and templates. All the games, rules and templates have been included in each deck.