Model the exoskeleton
of an arthropod and why it must have joints. Then use a model to explain how arthropods molt. Both models could be demonstrated by a prepared student.
Collect paper pieces to model protective coloring
and how it can help an animal hide from predators. Hide paper butterflies from a predator.
Create an anatomical booklet
that features the major organs in each system in the body in an arthropod. A presentation helps students fill in the names of the major organs and the purpose for each system. Compare the body systems of an arthropod to the systems in a human.
Why buy this unit?
• Fun activities motivate students to learn about arthropods;
• Simple materials make it easy to present active lessons;
• Multiple PowerPoint™ presentations help you introduce the information;
• Essays saved at different reading levels support all your students;
• Recordings of the essays are included for students who benefit from hearing the text;
• All text a student would read is saved in English and in Spanish;
• A variety of assessments are included that you can use to evaluate student learning;
• A video gives you an overview of the unit;
• A web page suggested in the teacher backgrounds provides you with a link to more resources and information about this amazing group of animals.
Thanks for visiting my Simply Science store. Please take a moment to leave a comment when you purchase a product.
– • – ♥ – • –
Differentiate for your math students with simple, fun games in our Simply Math store.
– • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • –
Click on the ★ next to the name of my store to follow me and find out about sales and new products.
– • – • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • – • –
Visit my blog to find resources for new teachers and "I'd like to teach more science" teachers!
Would you like to introduce your students to the unique characteristics of animals using activities like the ones found in this unit? Consider these products in our store: FROGS
, and CATS
CHECK OUT ALL THE GREAT RESOURCES IN OUR STORE FOR ARTHROPODS
• An Introduction to Arthropods
Introduce arthropods with science, math, language, and movement activities.
• All About Arthropods
Model exoskeletons, molting, animal colors, and the systems in a cricket's body.
• More About Arthropods
Create models of a garden habitat, arthropod life cycles, and food chains.
• Arthropod Predator Game
Review the charactertistics of an arthropod with a fun, quick game kids will ask to play over and over.
• Arthropod Review Spinner
Review the characteristics of an arthropod with this spinner.
• Food Chain Mobile for an Arthropod
Create a food chain mobile for a cricket, a primary consumer, or a ladybug, a secondary consumer.
• Life Cycle Mobile for an Arthropod
• I Have Who Has Arthropod Game