Model how coverings
can help animals survive.
Hide paper cats
to demonstrate how coloring can help an animal hide from predators.
Create an anatomical booklet
that features the major organs in each system in the body in a cat. Compare the body systems of a cat to the systems in a human.
Why buy this unit?
• Fun activities motivate students to learn about land mammals;
• Simple materials make it easy to present active lessons;
• Multiple PowerPoint™ presentations help you introduce the information;
• Essays saved at different reading levels support all your students;
• Recordings of the essays are included for students who benefit from hearing the text;
• All text a student would read is saved in English and in Spanish;
• A variety of assessments are suggested to evaluate student learning;
• A video gives you an overview of the activities;
• A web page suggested in the teacher backgrounds provides you with a link to more resources and information about this amazing group of animals.
Thanks for visiting my Simply Science store. Please take a moment to leave a comment when you purchase a product.
– • – ♥ – • –
Differentiate for your math students with simple, fun games in our Simply Math
– • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • –
Click on the ★ next to the name of my store to follow me and find out about sales and new products.
– • – • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • – • –
Visit my blog
to find resources for new teachers and "I'd like to teach more science" teachers!
Would you like to introduce your students to the unique characteristics of animals using activities like the ones found in this unit? Consider these products in our store: FROGS
, and CATS
RESOURCES IN OUR STORE FOR LAND MAMMALS
• An Introduction to Land Mammals
• All About Land Mammals
• More About Land Mammals
• Cat Predator Game
• Bobcat Review Spinner
• Food Chain Mobile for a Bobcat
• Life Cycle Mobile for a Cat
• I Have Who Has Mammals Game
• Plants and Animals of the Grassland