Use this amazing package of resources to introduce students to marine mammals. Check out the audio files
, video files
, and PowerPoint™ presentations
that make presenting information to a variety of students fun and easy.
Images and a PowerPoint™ presentation introduce marine mammals. Sort animals by one rule and then two rules to practice comparing and contrasting marine mammals and other animals.
Read short essays with three reading levels in English and two in Spanish or listen to recordings of the essays. A teacher presentation has been saved as a movie to introduce marine mammals.
Choose from four assessment options that make it easy to assess student understanding: a quick assessment, a pencil-and-paper assessment, a suggestion for the struggling student, and a suggestion for a capable student.
Scale images of marine mammals down to create a pod of whales.
Create a book about marine mammals. Introductory essays help students get started. Pages with a blackline image of the animal to color and lines for text help students create their pages.
Move like a whale! Brainstorm how animals move and then act out different ways whales move.
Thanks for visiting my Simply Science store. Please take a moment to leave a comment when you purchase a product.
– • – ♥ – • –
Differentiate for your math students with simple, fun games in our Simply Math store.
– • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • –
Click on the ★ next to the name of my store to follow me and find out about sales and new products.
– • – • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • – • –
Visit my blog to find resources for new teachers and "I'd like to teach more science" teachers!
Would you like to introduce your students to animals? Consider these units in our store: BUTTERFLIES
, and CATS
RESOURCES IN OUR STORE FOR MARINE MAMMALS
• An Introduction to Marine Mammals
– science, math, language, and movement activities;
• All About Marine Mammals
– blubber, echolocation, and body systems activities;
• More About Marine Mammals
– habitat, life cycle, food chain activities;
• Whale Predator Game
– avoid getting eaten by a predator;
• Whale Review Spinner
– create a study tool of the main points in the three lessons;
• Food Chain Mobile for a Killer Whale
– create a mobile of a food chain;
• Life Cycle Mobile for a Killer Whale
– FREE – create a spiral life cycle mobile for a whale;
• Whale I Have Who Has Game
– FREE – a quick review of characteristics, habitat, life cycle, and food chain using a set of cards;
• Make a Killer Whale Map for Puget Sound
• Make a Killer Whale Map for the US West Coast
• Make a Killer Whale Map for the World