Learn about what a habitat provides for a cat and then create a wall display or a pop-up display.
Find out about the stages of a cat's life cycle and then create a simple booklet. Choose from English or Spanish text, color or blackline images.
Learn about the different producers and consumers in a cat's food chain and create a model of a food chain. You'll want to download a free powerpoint PLANTS AND ANIMALS IN THE GRASSLAND
. I couldn't fit it in your file with all the other resources I included!
WHY BUY THIS UNIT?
• Fun activities that require simple materials;
• Three teacher backgrounds;
• A great web page with more information and activities;
• Student texts saved with a variety of reading levels;
• Text recordings for students who benefit from hearing the text;
• All essays and worksheets saved in English and Spanish;
• Four assessments: quick, pencil-and-paper, for a struggling student,
or a capable student;
• A video that provides an overview of the wealth of resources included with the unit.
Would you like to introduce your students to habitat, life cycle, and food chain for animals? Consider these products in our store: FROGS
, and WHALES
This product could be used in a unit to meet NGSS 3-LS4-3•, 3-LS1-1º, 5-PS3-1♦, 5-LS2-1◊.
Thanks for visiting my Simply Science store. Please take a moment to leave a comment when you purchase a product.
– • – ♥ – • –
Differentiate for your math students with simple, fun games in our Simply Math store.
– • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • –
Click on the ★ next to the name of my store to follow me and find out about sales and new products.
– • – • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • – • –
Visit my blog to find resources for new teachers and "I'd like to teach more science" teachers!
• 3-LS4-3 Construct an argument with evidence that in a particular habitat some organisms can survive well, some survive less well, and some cannot survive at all.
º 3-LS1-1 Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
♦ 5-PS3-1 Use models to describe that energy in animals’ food (used for body repair, growth, motion, and to maintain body warmth) was once energy from the sun.
◊ 5-LS2-1 Develop a model to describe the movement of matter among plants, animals, decomposers, and the environment.