Learn about what a habitat
provides for a whale and then create a wall display or a pop-up (and pop down) display.
Find out about the stages of a killer whale's life cycle
and then create a simple booklet saved in English and Spanish with color or blackline images.
Discover the different producers and consumers in a killer whale's food chain
and create a model of a food chain.
WHY BUY THIS UNIT?
• Fun activities that require simple materials;
• Three teacher backgrounds;
• A great web page with more information and activities;
• Student texts saved with a variety of reading levels;
• Text recordings for students who benefit from hearing the text;
• All essays and worksheets saved in English and Spanish;
• Four assessments: quick, pencil-and-paper, for a struggling student,
or a capable student;
• An overview video to see an overview of the wealth of resources included with the unit.
Would you like to introduce your students to habitat, life cycle, and food chain for animals? Consider these products in our store: FROGS
, and CATS
This product could be used in a unit to meet NGSS 3-LS4-3•, 3-LS1-1º, 5-PS3-1♦, 5-LS2-1◊.
Thanks for visiting my Simply Science store. Please take a moment to leave a comment when you purchase a product.
– • – ♥ – • –
Differentiate for your math students with simple, fun games in our Simply Math store.
– • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • –
Click on the ★ next to the name of my store to follow me and find out about sales and new products.
– • – • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • – • –
Visit my blog to find resources for new teachers and "I'd like to teach more science" teachers!
RESOURCES IN OUR STORE FOR MARINE MAMMALS
• An Introduction to Marine Mammals
– science, math, language, and movement activities;
• All About Marine Mammals
– blubber, echolocation, and body systems activities;
• More About Marine Mammals
– habitat, life cycle, food chain activities;
• Whale Predator Game
– avoid getting eaten by a predator;
• Whale Review Spinner
– create a study tool of the main points in the three lessons;
• Food Chain Mobile for a Killer Whale
– create a mobile of a food chain;
• Life Cycle Mobile for a Killer Whale
– FREE – create a spiral life cycle mobile for a whale;
• Whale I Have Who Has Game
– FREE – a quick review of characteristics, habitat, life cycle, and food chain using a set of cards;
• Make a Killer Whale Map for Puget Sound
• Make a Killer Whale Map for the US West Coast
• Make a Killer Whale Map for the World
• 3-LS4-3 Construct an argument with evidence that in a particular habitat some organisms can survive well, some survive less well, and some cannot survive at all.
º 3-LS1-1 Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
♦ 5-PS3-1 Use models to describe that energy in animals’ food (used for body repair, growth, motion, and to maintain body warmth) was once energy from the sun.
◊ 5-LS2-1 Develop a model to describe the movement of matter among plants, animals, decomposers, and the environment.