Lesson Plans for the Elementary Music Classroom, based on the National Standards for Elementary Music. Includes grade level and age-appropriate assessments for evaluating student progress.
Unit 1 has over 180 pages which include—
• Five lesson plans for each grade for a 9-week grading period, 45 lessons!
• 94 pages of extensive lesson plans,
• 43 pages of activities,
• 21 pages of songs and teaching posters.
• Written and observation assessments
• 12-page INDEX with links for sources to find all music, songs, and activities in the unit.
This unit has everything you need to begin your year and implementing all four units will give you the sequential and comprehensive plan to establish the foundation for an educationally sound music education program for elementary students, K-5.
NOTE: I used the same lesson plans for 5th grade that I used for 4th grade with only a few changes. My school district did not supply me with any materials or resources for 5th grade general music. Because of the wealth of materials in my 4th grade curriculum, I was never able to get to everything so it worked great. If you are looking for/needing separate plans for 5th grade, you may need to look elsewhere.