Also included in
- Do you need Elementary Music Sub Plans for a non-music sub? This bundle of Elementary Music Sub Plans make it quick and easy to plan for an absence. Not only will these sub plans make the decision to put your own or your family's health first, but they ensure that your students are still getting lotPrice $50.00Original Price $63.00Save $13.00
Do you need Elementary music sub plans for your music classroom? These Elementary music sub plans have ready-to-use lesson plans that can be taught by ANY substitute teacher--no musical experience needed! With enough plans for up to 2 weeks, these Elementary music sub plans give you the peace of mind to take a sick day without scrambling to create lesson plans.
Lessen your stress and anxiety when you or your family member is sick, and take the day knowing you have Elementary music sub plans that a sub with any background can confidently implement!
These Elementary Music Sub Plans Include:
- 12 Lesson plans (with many covering more than one grade level), aligned with NCAS. 12 Lesson plans (with many covering more than one grade level), aligned with NCAS)
- Lesson titles include:
- Speak, Sing, and Dance (K): Students learn "Star Light" and "Two Little Blackbirds," do freeze dance, and listen to a picture book
- Down by the Bay (K-2): Students learn or review "Down by the Bay," and extend their understanding of the song with centers
- Itsy Bitsy Spider (K-1): Students learn or review "Itsy Bitsy Spider," and extend their understanding of the song with centers
- Color the Rhythms (1-5): Students practice known rhythms. Includes materials for ta and ti-ti (quarter and eighth notes), quarter rest, tika-tika (sixteenth notes), half note, ti-tika (one eighth/ two sixteenth notes), tika-ti (two sixteenth/ one eighth note), syncopa (eighth/ quarter/ eighth), and tim-ka (dotted eighth/ sixteenth)
- Color the Solfa (1-5): Students practice known solfa. Includes materials for sol-mi, la, do, re, high do, and fa.
- Tika-Tika sorting and storytelling (2-3): Students will practice tika-tika, then create stories with song titles
- Instruments of the Orchestra (3-5): Students will review instruments and instrument families
- What a Wonderful World Comparison (4-5): Students listen to different versions of the song, then compare the versions
You'll also receive:
- Lesson materials (mp3’s, slideshows, worksheets, & more!)
- Sub Plan Checklist
- Sub Plan Lesson Template
- Editable Sub Tub information packet
- “Notes from the Sub” Printable
Lesson concepts include speaking voice, singing voice, rhythm, solfa, instruments of the orchestra, listening, and more!
Frequently asked questions (FAQ's)
Question: Does this set require lots of prep?
Answer: I created this set so that it would require little prep. The lessons can be used as is, or can be edited. The accompanying materials can simply be printed or opened up. You will need to gather materials for each sub plan (such as pencils, non-pitched percussion, etc.), or let the sub know where those materials are. There are a few picture books and recordings that you would need to purchase to use the lessons.
Question: Does this set require technology?
Answer: Many of the materials in this set can be used without technology. There are a few visuals that can be used with simply a LCD projector and/or interactive white board.
Question: Which programs do I need to open up the files?
Answer: The set comes in a zipped folder, which you will need to unzip. The file types include:
- Microsoft Word
READ REVIEWS FROM OTHER MUSIC EDUCATORS!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This product is perfect to have when you can't make it to work. Easy enough for any sub to follow and teach! Excellent product!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I leave these lessons for subs with confidence! Anyone can follow them, and I don't feel like my students had wasted time while I was absent! Thank you!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Left these plans with a sub that had a musical background as well as a sub that did not- both complimented these plans! Thank you so much for making an absence a little less stressful."
Download the preview for more detailed information.
Looking for more sub plans? Check out these sets:
Follow me for freebies and updates. Please email me with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © Aileen Miracle/ Mrs. Miracle's Music Room.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.