Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures Card Sorting Activity
Also included in
- This package includes four different physical science card sorting activities. Each card sort includes directions, cards, a student worksheet, and a key. The following card sorts are included:--Changes in States of Matter--Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures--Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Mixtures--Price $13.50Original Price $18.00Save $4.50
- This bundle contains six different resources about elements, compounds, and mixtures. All answer keys are included. Here are the resources you get in this bundle:Bell Ringer Cards: Use these sixteen cards as warmups, task cards, or stations.Card Sorting Activity: Use this activity to practice classiPrice $15.50Original Price $20.50Save $5.00
This physical science activity helps students understand the differences between elements, compounds, and mixtures. They classify sixteen cards into piles of elements, compounds, and mixtures. Then they complete their student activity sheet to show their thinking and further distinguish between elements, compounds, and mixtures.
Each example card has both text and a picture, which is especially beneficial for ELL students. Look at the preview for more information.
What's included in this resource:
- Teacher directions and suggestions for use
- Student Activity Sheet for students to record and explain their answers
- Complete answer key
- 3 category cards (element, compound, and mixture)
- 3 definition cards
- 5 element example cards with pictures
- 5 compound example cards with pictures
- 6 mixture cards with pictures
- Photos to demonstrate activity steps
Need an activity like this for virtual learning? Try the Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures Boom Cards!
This resource can be purchased at a discount as a part of two different bundles:
Read what teachers are saying about this resource:
“This truly helped my students understand this concept. It was a great study tool and helped them perform well on a matter and energy test.”
“This activity had everything that I was looking for put together in a clear and organized format!”
“Perfect for a review, an individual station or a group station.”
“Engaging and fun for my students! We even played it as a game!!”
“My students love it. It seems to be helpful for my ELS and Sped students.”
Take a look at the many other Physical Science Resources in my store.
***Look for the green star near the top of any page in my store and click it to become a follower. As a follower of my store you will be notified when I upload a new resource.