This would make a great review activity or filler at the end of a class period. It requires students to first use a periodic table to determine the name of the given symbol before they can look it up in the word search.
The word search covers:
- Alkali metals - sodium, potassium, lithium
- Alkaline earth metals - barium, beryllium, magnesium, calcium
- Transition metals - nickel, mercury, copper, iron, silver, zinc, lead, aluminum, tin, gold
- Halogens - iodine, bromine, fluorine, chlorine
- Noble gases - neon, xenon, krypton, argon, helium
- Other non-metals - hydrogen, phosphorus, sulfur, nitrogen, carbon, oxygen
- Metalloids - silicon, boron
This product includes two pages - one is the puzzle and another is the key.