Reinforce the meaning of the Elements of Art while having students do this "hands on" activity. Students will cut and glue the "flip flap" page into their sketchbook or notebook, and then glue the definitions under each word. You will also get the Elements of Art definition cards. The definition cards can be printed out and used as a visual for your room or word wall, or just them for this lesson. I've kept these pages "ink friendly" in black and white, but color could be easily added by hand coloring the word "color".
Updated August 15, 2016 >>>
You will also get 3 variations of the definition pages. (The definition card, and definition boxes for students to cut out.)
1. I made the words and definition boxes without definitions.
2. I made an editable Powerpoint with text boxes to type in your own definitions.
3. The editable Powerpoint also has a set with my definitions in the text boxes in case you just want to change a few words.
Updated 2017 >>>
I've added a version that uses the British spelling for colour (that you will find in a separate file).
What You Get
• Instructions and Variations (3 pages)
• Interactive Pages (2 pages)
• Definition Cards - word wall words -(3 pages)
• Element of Art words without definitions (3 pages)
• Blank definition boxes (for students to fill out by hand) (1 page)
• Editable Powerpoint - lets you type in your own definitions (8 pages)
A total of 20 pages
If you would like some follow up activities involving the Elements of Art. Click here to see more Elements of Art Lessons.
If you are looking for a similar activity with the principles of design, be sure to take a look at Principles of Design Printable & Posters: with Interactive Notebook Pages
This lesson is included in my Art Lesson MEGA Bundle
Thanks for visiting!