Need to revamp your art block? Or straight up have no idea where to start? Whatever the case, let me help make teaching and applying the Elements of Art straightforward, simple, and FUN! It can sometimes be difficult to introduce some of the more detailed EOA concepts to younger primary students so I created this resource to simplify your life and ignite your classroom with creative and engaging lessons and activities.
*download the preview to see what’s included*
NOTE: this download includes a zip file with two PDF versions of the product: one with the American spelling of “color” and the other with the British/Canadian spelling of “colour.”
Included in this product:
- Product introduction
- Lesson #1: introduction to colour – introductory brainstorm anchor chart, 2 choices of anchor charts/reference posters, optional reference display cards, introductory art application activity
- Lesson #2: primary colours – anchor chart, interactive scrapbook activity, art application activity, independent art activity
- Lesson #3: secondary colours – same structure as above
- Lesson #4: warm/cool colours – same structure as above
- Lesson #5: neutral colours – same structure as above
- Lesson #6: colour mixing – same structure as above
- General art activity rubric
Check out the other EOA units!
Part 7: The Bundle PLUS!
Part 2: Line
Part 3: Shape & Form
Part 4: Texture
Part 5: Value
Part 6: Space