Bellwork is a great way to get your art students in a working mindset as they enter the classroom. Not only do warm-ups allow the teacher extra prep time (and allow a method for daily assessment), they help students review skills and concepts, boost creativity, and encourage independent thinking.
This Power Point presentation focuses on the Element of Art "Space," with 32 5-minute opening-class exercises devoted to different aspects of space. Students will review and practice positive and negative space, page composition, techniques on implying depth such as overlapping, positioning and size difference, foreground, middleground, background, atmospheric perspective, and 1 and 2 point perspective.
This Power Point presentation is geared toward Jr. High and High School art classes, and works best when students have a sketchbook or art notebook of their own. For the exercises in this Power Point, students may need access to pencils or colored pencils, and may benefit from a brief introduction to perspective drawing before some of the later slides.
Interested in more "Elements of Art" slideshow warm-ups? Check out:
- Elements of Art "Color" - 20 Sketchbook Prompts and Warm-Ups
- Elements of Art "Line" - 20 5-Minute Bellwork, Warm-ups, and Sketchbook Prompts
- Elements of Art "Texture" - 25 5-Minute Bellwork and Sketchbook Warm-Ups
- Elements of Art "Value" - 30 5-Minute Warmups, Bellwork, and Sketchbook Prompts
- Elements of Art "Shape" - 34 5-Minute Warmups, Bellwork and Sketchbook Prompts"