This product is also available in my Students' Choice Favorite Lessons, Vol. 2
. Check it out - it's a great deal!
A fun, engaging, and educational way to learn or review fiction elements and perfect viewing for the Halloween season! Lesson material for middle and high school to accompany Hitchcock's classic horror film, The Birds.This film contains a powerful environmentalism theme and these accompanying lessons are thoroughly CCSS aligned. Two weeks of lesson material. This movie is put together so that it's almost built on basic fiction elements and provides the perfect springboard for studying these concepts.
Vocabulary for Film
Literary Terms with Definitions
Protagonist & Antagonist Match
Basic Character Types Information with T-Chart
Guided Note-taking for Film Viewing
Graphing the Story Structure (based on Kurt Vonnegut’s Thesis)
Discussion/Task Cards An activity is provided, but use however
Complex Characters with Conflicting Motivations
More Lesson Ideas
Multiple Choice Questions
Short Answer Questions
Online Resources for Enrichment & Further Study
Text-to-Text Connections: Links to Online text by Daphne du Maurier (same premise, different plot and characters)
Junior high and secondary classic movie series.
Similar Products You May Like:
1. Ghost Hunt - Spooky & Motivational Informational Reading for Internet
2. The Twilight Zone "The Masks" Lesson
3. The Twilight Zone Bundle of Lessons for Five Episodes
4. The Tale of the Monkey's Paw -- Scary and High Interest
5. "The Cask of Amontillado" Worksheet Assessment
6. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
7. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game