Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
Are you looking for a way to bring the elements of fiction alive for your students? These no-prep middle school fiction resources include everything you need to teach your middle school students about the elements of fiction through short stories! Everything from Slides Presentations to Worksheets to Creative Activities and more! Topics include characters, setting, theme, plot, conflict, point of view, and more!
Each element of fiction is introduced through direct instruction and then applied to a variety of short stories! Handouts are included for specific short stories AND generic versions of worksheets are included that can be used with any work of fiction you choose! This works perfectly for differentiation among students!
Fiction is one of the most exciting aspects of Language Arts to teach to students! It is just so fun! This unit captures that spirit with fun and engaging lessons your middle school students are sure to enjoy! This unit includes lesson plans, instructional slides presentations, student handouts and assignments, creative writing assignments and more to help you provide your students with a solid foundational knowledge of the elements of fiction!
are included along with a Test Review Activity and a Final Test. Each of the 16 lessons includes a link to a Slides presentation that will guide you and your students through the instruction and assignments. , , , and are all built into the presentations! Each of the 16 lessons also includes , , , and to make your fiction unit virtually stress-free! This is literally a print-and-go unit that requires very little teacher preparation time.
NEW! (1.18.21) - Easel Digital Options are available in addition to paper options!
- General Teacher Guidelines and Instructions
- Unit Plan Overview
- Print and Digital Options Available!
- 18 Individual Lesson Plans
- 16 Engaging Instructional Slides Presentations
- Short Stories Included
- Student Note-taking Sheets and Handouts
- Guided Practice Activities
- Independent Practice Activities
- Creative Writing Assignments
- Answer Keys (where applicable)
- Grading Rubrics (where applicable)
- Test Review
- Final Elements of Fiction Student Assessment
- Instructions for accessing Google Slides Presentations
- Instructions for saving Google Slides Presentations as PowerPoint Presentations
- Major/Minor Characters
- Round/Flat Characters
- Dynamic/Static Characters
- Characterization – Indirect/Direct
- Point of View (1st Person; 3rd Person-Limited; 3rd Person-Omniscient)
- Conflict – Internal/External
- Plot Structure (Exposition, Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action, Resolution)
"The Math Test"
"Thank You, Ma'm" - Langston Hughes*
"Why Not You?"
"The Fun They Had" - Isaac Asimov*
"The Monkey's Paw" - W.W. Jacobs*
"The Stage Production"
"Zoo" - Edward D. Hoch*
"The Sound of Thunder" - Ray Bradbury*
"The Lottery" - Shirley Jackson*
"Maturity & Responsibility"
"The Landlady" - Roald Dahl*
"The All-American Slurp" - Namioka Lensey*
*Stories not included in the file, but are easily accessible online.
Did you know that TpT gives you credits towards future purchases when you leave feedback? Your feedback is so important to me as I try to provide the best products possible! Please go to your "My Purchases" page (you may need to log in). Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click on the button and it will take you to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment. Thank you so much for providing valuable feedback!
Click on the "Follow Me" button on my store page to see all my latest products and updates!