Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
327.41 MB | 121 pages
In this digital age, photography is a way to give your students a hands-on, creative approach to technology. Before you take a picture, however, you need to know what makes a good picture. My slide show will guide you through the Elements of Good Photography. I’ll also review how to use Apple’s Photo editing tools. Information included in this unit includes:
1. Slideshow on the “Elements of Good Photography” with 69 slides and 92 examples.
2. 17-page script that accompanies the slide show to explain each of these 14 elements:
• Sweet Light
• The Golden Section
• The Diagonal Line
• Focal Points
• Depth of Field
• Point of View
• Breaking the Rules
• Taking good closeups
• Posing successful group photos
• Cropping photos
3. 4-page document on Teaching Photography
4. 1-page document on organizing photographs in the Apple computer application Photos.
5. 5-page document on editing photographs in the Apple computer application Photos for:
• Color and Saturate
• Light or Exposure
• Black and White
• White Balance
6. A bank of 25 photos students can use to practice editing.
One great project you can use with students is to include photos they take in your school’s annual Art Fair, and to offer the photos for sale with donations going to your school’s endowment fund! I have taught photography to 8th graders for many years, but this unit is appropriate for high schoolers as well as for younger students if you are confident in their ability to experiment with photographic technology. All documents in the unit are available as PDFs. The slideshow is available in both Apple’s Keynote and Microsoft’s Powerpoint.