Elements of Poetry, Drama, and Prose - Poetry Unit 3rd 4th 5th Grades
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Imagine having a complete set of resources to take you through the year that targets standards in a kid-friendly way. This print and digital Reading Bundle is perfect to supplement to your reading curriculum and contains 10 essential reading units for 4th and 5th graders to help your students increaPrice $35.00Original Price $69.00Save $34.00
- What would you do if you had a set of ready-to-use, key reading units to take you through the year? No more wasting time trying to piecemeal meaningful resources!This Reading Bundle comes in both print and digital formats and contains 9 essential reading units for 3rd graders to help your students iPrice $38.00Original Price $75.00Save $37.00
Looking for a ready-to-teach unit that covers the elements of poetry, drama, and prose in one place? This print and digital unit is a complete set of engaging teaching materials filled with original poems, mini-plays, and pieces of prose that your students will enjoy. You'll find everything you need, from teaching pages to kid-friendly poetry, drama, and prose to analyze, 32 task cards, sorts, posters, handouts, graphic organizers, a Poetry Flipbook with nine types of poems, and MORE!
It contains: (Print and Digital)
Elements of Poetry Handout (3 versions)
Elements of Drama Handout (3 versions)
Elements of Prose Handout (3 versions)
Teaching Example Pages for Poetry, Drama, and Prose (3)
Poetry Examples to analyze (3 double-sided): The Rain, The Sea Turtle, The Hike
Drama Worksheets to analyze (3 double-sided): The Present, The Birthday, The New Puppy
Prose Worksheets to analyze (3 double-sided): The Meet, The Paper Route, The Baseball Game
32 Task Cards and a Record Sheet
A Matching Worksheet for Poetry, Drama, and Prose Elements
A Poetry Mini-Flipbook with 9 Different Types of Poetry
Rhyme Scheme Worksheet
One Folktale in 3 Genres to Compare and Contrast - Why the Koala Has a Stumpy Tail
Anchor Charts (2 filled and 2 blanks)
Graphic Organizers (3)
Matching Pages (3)
Venn diagram for Poetry, Drama, and Prose
Template Worksheets (4) that can be used with any text - Poetry, Drama, or Prose
Retelling or Summary Graphic Organizers (5)
Central Message or Theme Graphic Organizers (5)
Questions Stems Page for Teacher Reference (3)
Triple Venn Diagram - An Enrichment activity
Theme Topics and Statements Handout for Teacher Reference (2)
Assessments - Matching Elements (4)
Detailed Teacher Notes
LINKS on the Teacher Notes PDF near the front of the file
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade!!! (Click Here) It has 10 key reading units that cover many 4th and 5th reading standards!
Here are the units included in the Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade!
Characters, Settings, and Events: Story Elements
Elements of Poetry, Drama, and Prose
Inferences Using Informational Text
Why you'll love this resource:
- It includes teaching pages for poetry, drama, and prose, making it easy to guide your students through an introductory lesson for each genre.
- Materials for this standard are often difficult to find, but everything you need for this standard is found here!!!
- It includes a complete digital version to give you greater versatility!
- The graphic organizers may be used for other reading materials like poetry from Shel Silverstein, for example, a class pla, or a piece of prose.
- The printables are low prep for busy teachers, and much of the digital version is NO prep!
- It may be used in a number of ways, from whole-class or small-group lessons to independent work, literacy centers, homework, test prep, and more!!!
Here are some of the Elements of Poetry, Drama, and Prose related games included in the
Elements of Poetry, Drama, and Prose Game (for 4th and 5th grades)
Themes in Drama and Poetry Game (for 4th and 5th grades)
Elements of Stories, Dramas, and Poems Game (3rd Grade)
If you're looking to expand the drama section of this unit, I created science plays that may be used as parent/school performances or as a way to integrate science and reading:
I Wanna Be a Rock Star (Rocks and Minerals)
Reader's Theater Science Bundle (has all three science plays)
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.