Also included in
- This Reading Bundle contains 10 essential reading units for 4th and 5th graders in both print and digital for Google Classroom™ (and other top educational platforms) which will help your students increase their reading comprehension. The bundle includes engaging passages, graphic organizers, activit$45.00$69.50Save $24.50
- This Reading Bundle comes in both print and digital formats and contains 9 essential reading units for 3rd graders which will help your students increase their reading comprehension. The bundle includes engaging passages, graphic organizers, activities, and lots of task cards that target key reading$45.00$79.50Save $34.50
This Elements of Poetry, Drama and Prose unit is a complete set of engaging teaching materials that is filled with fun, original poems, mini-plays, and pieces of prose that your students will enjoy. This set includes comes in a print and a digital version (for Google Classroom™ and other top educational platforms) and has teaching pages, poetry, drama, and prose to analyze, handouts, and a Poetry Flip Book with 9 types of poems.
It contains: (Print and Digital)
Print Version with PDFs
Digital version with Google Slides™ (Poetry Flipbook) and Google Forms (poetry, drama, and prose materials)
Elements of Poetry Handout
Elements of Drama Handout
Elements of Prose Handout
Teaching Example Pages for Poetry, Drama and Prose (3)
Poetry Worksheets to analyze (3 double-sided): Rain, The Sea Turtle, The Hike
Drama Worksheets to analyze (3 double-sided): The Present, The Birthday, The New Puppy
Prose Worksheets to analyze (3 double-sided): The Meet, The Paper Route, The Baseball Game
A Matching Worksheet for Poetry, Drama and Prose Elements
A Poetry Mini-Flip Book with 9 Different Types of Poetry
Teaching Directions and Examples for Each of 9 Types of Poetry
Rhyme Scheme Worksheet
Venn diagram for Poetry, Drama, and Prose
Template Worksheets that can be used with any piece of Poetry, Drama or Prose
Theme Topics Handout
Theme Statement Handout
Detailed Teacher Notes™ with Google Classroom links
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade!!! (Click Here) It has 10 key reading units that cover many 4th and 5th reading standards!
Here are the units included in the Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade!
Why you'll love this resource:
- It includes teaching pages for poetry, drama, and prose, which makes it easy to guide your students through an introductory lesson for each.
- Materials for this standard are often difficult to find, but everything you need for this standard is found here!!!
- It includes a complete digital version for Google Classroom™ which is perfect for distance learning or classroom centers!
- The graphic organizers may be used for other reading materials like poetry from Shel Silverstein for example, a class play, or a piece of prose.
- The text is short but effective, which makes it feel more enjoyable for students and less of a chore!
- The printables are low prep for busy teachers and the digital version is NO prep!
- It may be used in a number of ways from guided reading, to reader's workshop, independent work, literacy centers, homework, test prep, and more!!!
Also, I do want to suggest a great set of reading games that would go well with this reading unit. There is a game for EACH READING STANDARD!!! It comes in a set of 10 for fiction, a set of 10 for nonfiction, or a bundle of 20 reading games specifically for 4th and 5th grades!
Here are some of the Elements related games included in the
Elements of Poetry, Drama, and Prose Game (for 4th and 5th grades)
Themes in Drama and Poetry Game (for 4th and 5th grades)
Elements of Stories, Dramas, and Poems Game (3rd Grade)
If you're looking to expand the drama section of this unit, I created science plays which may be used as parent/school performances or as a way to integrate science and reading:
Reader's Theater Science Bundle (has all three science plays)
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: email@example.com.