Elements of Poetry, Drama, and Prose Reading Center - Reading Game
Also included in
- This yearlong bundle of Reading Centers for 4th and 5th grades includes three formats for each reading game (print and 2 digital) and will give your students interactive practice that reinforces ALL FICTION and NONFICTION READING STANDARDS! You’ll love using these for literacy centers, for independePrice $35.00Original Price $66.00Save $31.00
- This Reading Centers Bundle includes games and activities to target reading comprehension skills using fiction for 4th/5th grades. The reading centers cover Compare and Contrast, Making Inferences, Themes of Stories, Themes of Poetry and Drama, Character Traits, Story Summary, Details and Examples,Price $18.00Original Price $35.00Save $17.00
This Elements of Stories, Dramas, and Poems Center for 4th and 5th graders includes three versions (print and 2 digital) and is an engaging way to reinforce this reading skill using a fun game format! You’ll love using this reading game in literacy centers, for independent work, for whole-class games, and for test prep.
The three formats, print, Google Forms, and interactive PDFs give you lots of flexibility in teaching and learning options! The Google Forms format is a great NO PREP, self-grading, and gathering data option. The interactive PDFs can be used on most digital learning platforms including Google Classroom™, but can also be downloaded to a student’s device and played off WiFi! Your students will also enjoy the hands-on print task cards for partner or small group games.
Here’s what it includes:
32 Elements of Poetry, Drama, and Prose Task Cards
Google Forms (4 smaller sets for easier assigning)
PDF Interactive Digital Game (4 smaller sets for easier assigning)
Two Game Boards (One in color and one in black and white)
Center Directions for Students (Includes an editable version too)
Detailed Teacher Notes
Getting Started Guide for How to Assign Interactive PDF Games
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the 20 Reading Games: Fiction and Nonfiction Bundle!!! (Click Here)
Why you'll love this resource:
- This reading game is carefully aligned to cover the elements of stories, dramas, and poems reading standard!
- This game gives your students concentrated practice in a format that seems less overwhelming than large passages.
- Your students will enjoy playing the game!
- There are editable directions, so you can decide how you'd like your students to play.
- The Google Forms are NO PREP, SELF-GRADING, and provides data for you.
- The interactive PDF version is NO PREP, self-checking, and gives students immediate feedback.
- The multiple-choice format makes the print version easy to grade.
- There are so many ways to use the game, from literacy centers, whole class game times, one on one work, exit slips, to test prep, and more!!!
- The reading game is Common Core Aligned but has no Common Core notations and coordinates well with a number of different sets of standards including TEKS and VSOL.
This Elements of Poetry, Drama and Prose Reading Game is also part of the 10 Reading Games Fiction Bundle for 4th/5th Grades
To look at each Fiction Reading Game in more detail, click here:
Want to take a look at the 10 Nonfiction Reading Games Bundle?
Here are the games included in the Nonfiction Reading Games Bundle:
Like to try a FREE reading Game? In this FREE Main Idea Reading Game, students identify the main idea from the supporting details in three formats (print, Google Forms, and Interactive PDFs)!
Looking for a different grade level?
This game is a great compliment to the very complete Elements of Poetry, Drama, and Prose unit for 4th and 5th grades!
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star above.
Thanks so much,
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or one homeschool parent with his/her children. If you would like to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™, SeeSaw, etc. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: email@example.com.