Teaching the Elements of Poetry is rigorous and engaging. To teach all of the Element of Poetry, you need a tool that you can use with ANY POEM.
This GRAPHIC ORGANIZER is just that Tool!
This resource coordinates well...
THIS GRAPHIC ORGANIZER COVERS:
• POINT OF VIEW with Text Evidence
• THEME with Text Evidence
• INFERRING with Text Evidence
• POEM FEATURES such as, Similes, Metaphors, Alliteration
• TYPE OF POEM such as Cinquain, Haiku, Acrostic, Free Verse, Lyrical, etc.
• HOW THE READER FELT ABOUT THE POEM (Surprised, Sad, Confused, Happy - circle one)
• SUMMARY Write a BRIEF Summary that includes the Theme
• I VISUALIZE Draw a picture of what you saw in your mind as you read.
• USE SENSORY LANGUAGE Write about your drawing using SENSORY Language.
MORE POETRY PRODUCTS: