Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This Structure and Elements of Poetry unit is aligned with both Common Core and TEKS Standards for grades 3 - 5, and provides everything you need to teach your students in the classroom, library, homeschool, writing workshop, or beyond!
Here’s what some other teachers think about this unit…
“Best resource I found for my students in fifth! Thank you!”
“Perfect and just what I needed for my poetry unit!”
“I loved the teaching ideas provided with the packet and the materials were very useful.”
“Great way to expand my poetry unit!”
Please see the PREVIEW above for an idea of everything included in this versatile resource!
This product includes:
- Detailed unit lesson plans for at least 5 days (with ideas to extend to two weeks!)
- Awesome teaching Powerpoint to teach the elements of poetry using a mentor poem, colorful photographs, and easy-to-remember vocabulary definitions
- Foldables and other resources to use for your ELA interactive notebook
- A printable anchor chart that you can print, assemble, laminate, and use again and again!
- An original poem to use in a close reading. Students must read and respond, and then color-code their evidence. Perfect for homework or as an assessment!
- Task cards for a small group, centers, independent practice, and more. Answer key included.
- Vocabulary cards for ELA focus wall, pocket chart, interactive notebook, or more
- Ideas and resources for centers and small groups
- Links to online resources
- Compare and contrast activity
Looking for other great ELA products? Click here to see more:
Remember that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Please follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,
Christie Dalton @ My Pink Clipboard