Also included in
- This resource is for a teacher who is teaching online and face to face and needs both a distance learning resource and a printable resource. These resources are both informational text passages on elephants and follow up pages with text-dependent comprehension questions. There are small differences$7.60$9.50Save $1.90
- Do you want your kids to practice reading informational text? Students love these high-interest reading passages on animals. This bundle combines my best-selling reading passages with comprehension questions on animals and provides them for you with a 20% discount. Includes:EaglesHummingbirdsSea Tur$25.34$35.45Save $10.11
Students will love learning about elephants! Students will learn about behavioral and structural adaptations, as well as conservation efforts and the differences between Asian elephants and African elephants. Elephants are fascinating creatures! It will take about a week to complete this unit if all the activities are completed. This informational text reading unit on elephants improves science literacy with high-interest informational text passages on elephants. Students will use CLOSE reading and text-dependent questions to read back into the text. This resource is aligned with informational text standards for 5th-6th grade. Students will love this great science reading unit.
This resource includes:
- a six-page informational text passage on Elephants
- reading comprehension questions
- interactive notebook activities
- response pages
- answer keys
This is a printable unit. If you are looking for an online Google unit, I have one on the same topic here. Elephants Distance Learning Reading Unit for Google
Please message me at if you have questions about my resources.
I have more information on on my blog.
The reading level for this resource is from 5th--6th grade.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
I have other resources for reading informational text and for science.