Elf Hunt! The therapy planning FOR YOUR ENTIRE CASELOAD is literally done for you with this 125-page resource. It is easy to prep, provides gross motor breaks, and is a simple, engaging way to get a ton of trials. Just hide the 10 elves around the room and have your students go on a hunt to find them! Each elf corresponds to one target on every goal page. Your student must practice their goal in order to catch their elf and send it back to work! Your students will seriously have a blast with this game- plus, they get to "save" the holiday!
⇨ Please note, previously all Hide & Find games were divided into 4 parts- Language, Early Sounds, Apraxia, & Late Sounds. This product has all of these components rolled into one to save you time and money!
⇨ WHAT’S INCLUDED ⇦
○ 10 elves - each in both color and black & white
○ Every target page is in black & white for easy printing
○ Blank target page
○ R includes- beginning, blends, each individual vocalic R, and recurring R (9 total)
○ Language Targets:
○ Speech Targets:
○ Syllable Shape Targets:
○ Print and cut out the 10 elves (laminating optional).
○ Hide them around the room.
○ Bonus: Give each student a finger light or flashlight and turn out the lights!
○ Print the target page that corresponds to your student's goals (or pull it up on your iPad).
○ Your students must find each elf. When they find one, they match it to their target page. They must practice their target in order to catch the elf!
○ The game is over when every elf has been caught.
Do you have a new idea? DM me on Instagram so I can add it!
○ Hide the pictures in a sensory bin instead of around the room.
○ Target prepositions by hiding the pictures strategically.
○ Target following directions. ("get the picture, bring it here, and put it on the table")
○ Target vocabulary by placing the pictures in specific places (table, chair, etc)
○ Target descriptors by describing which picture you want the student to find- or have them describe it!
○ Have your students color their goal page while you're working with another student in a mixed group.
○ Alternate between target pages to target multiple goals.
○ Use the articulation pages to work at sentence level. ("I found the X.")
○ Print doubles of the pictures- hide one set and match it to the other. Skipping the goal pages can truly help *everyone* participate in this fun activity!
○ Practice following a point or gaze if the student needs help finding a zombie. This can be thought of as "thinking with their eyes."
○ Use the blank target pages to target ANYTHING that isn't covered in the included goal pages- and then email me at email@example.com so I can add it to the resource!
I recommend laminating the 10 themed pictures to keep and printing off goal pages as needed. I sometimes keep most-used goal pages on hand in page protectors as well. (i.e. K, G, R, S blends, L, L blends, C1V1C2V2, CVC, wh questions, pronouns, and categories).
Again, you can pull up goal pages on your computer or tablet if you want this to be no print!
● More HIDE AND FIND resources and themes!
● Sorting Speech & Language - another resource that targets a TON of goals
○ Push the green star! Follow my store to see new resources always 50% off!
○ TpT Credits: Review purchased products to get credits toward your next purchase
○ If you have a question or issue, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a Question in my store. It is important to me that you are happy with your purchases!
● VIP Emails : Get access to my freebie library, exclusive deals, and therapy tips!
● Instagram : I’m here most often – therapy ideas, Q&A’s, and daily life
● Blog : helpful ideas and reviews for your therapy room
This resource is copyrighted by Lindsey Hockel, MS, CCC-SLP, owner of ©Speechy Things™ . Purchase of this item is intended for use by a single customer and is not to be shared with other professionals. If someone is interested in this resource, please direct them to my store. You are, however, welcome and encouraged to send pages home with students as needed. Thank you for your support and understanding!