Also included in
- THE HOLOCAUST BUNDLE INTERACTIVE AND PRINTDISCOUNTED BY 30% OVER 230 PAGES AND 118 SLIDES!!Bundle #2THIS BUNDLE CONTAINS 12 PRODUCTS. CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE.INCLUDED PRODUCTS:• Elie Wiesel: Hope, Despair and Memory | HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL DAY• DISTANCE LEARNING | THE HOLOCAUST ELIE W$47.08$67.25Save $20.17
- THE HOLOCAUSTELIE WIESELPRIMO LEVI SOME OF MY ONLINE RESOURCES ARE NOW DISCOUNTED BY 10% - 30% IN AN EFFORT TO SUPPORT TEACHERS STRUGGLING WITH DISTANCE LEARNING DURING THIS UNCERTAIN TIME! ❤️❤️ DISCOUNTED BY 30% ❤️❤️✡ ELIE WIESELTHIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REDONE! IT IS NOW OVER 65 PAGES!This is a$16.10$23.00Save $6.90
- THE HOLOCAUSTELIE WIESEL Hope, Despair and MemoryGOOGLE SLIDESINTERACTIVE OR PRINTREADING COMPREHENSIONTHIS PRODUCT IS 20% OFF✡ ELIE WIESELTHIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REDONE! IT IS NOW OVER 65 PAGES!This is a self-contained unit on textual analysis; everything you need is here. This unit focuse$13.80$17.25Save $3.45
- THE HOLOCAUST GROWING BUNDLE INTERACTIVE AND PRINTDISCOUNTED BY 30% OVER 450 PAGES AND 146 SLIDES!!THIS BUNDLE CONTAINS 26 PRODUCTS AND IS GROWING. WITH EVERY NEW ADDITION THE PRICE GOES UP! CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE.INCLUDED PRODUCTS:• Elie Wiesel: Hope, Despair and Memory | HOLOCAU$88.72$126.75Save $38.03
Hope, Despair and Memory by Elie Wiesel
HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL DAY
Critical Reading; Higher Order Thinking
THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REDONE! IT IS NOW OVER 65 PAGES!
This is a self-contained product on textual analysis; everything you need is here. This product focuses on the Nobel Peace Prize Lecture by Elie Wiesel: Hope, Despair and Memory. This work is listed as a text exemplar in the CCSS Appendix B.
ANALYZING THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE LECTURE BY ELIE WIESEL: Hope, Despair and Memory (entire speech)
Achieve positive results in creating analytical thinkers by nurturing your students’ abilities and giving them the necessary tools to develop critical reasoning skills. This can be achieved through close textual analysis of various non-fiction texts.
INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT ARE THE FOLLOWING:
✡ 25 analysis prompts – the questions are presented in two formats – one plain version and one with images and a space to record the answer
✡ 18 pages of teacher notes and answers to the questions
✡ 36 words to define
✡ A link to the Nobel Peace Prize Lecture, broken down into numbered paragraphs
✡ Essay questions and discussion topics
✡ Some information on Elie Wiesel
✡ Suggestions on how to read the text at different levels. For instance, using Bloom’s Taxonomy, the majority of questions ask for comprehension, understanding, and application. However, I have included questions of a much higher order: analysis, creation, judgment, and evaluation.
✡ All of the questions included here are text-based and require critical thinking, reading, and writing.
✡ Group questions and individual questions
✡ Sample student answers
✡ A TOTAL OF 31 PAGES OF STUDENT WRITING PROMPTS (these pages are in the main product file and as a separate PDF in zip file)
✡ Examples of student annotation (Interpretive Notetaking)
✡ Several images from Auschwitz, Holocaust Museums, and Holocaust Memorials
MOVE AWAY FROM GENERIC QUESTIONS AND INTO TEXT-BASED ASSIGNMENTS WITH THIS UNIT ON CRITICAL THINKING, READING, AND WRITING
If you found this product helpful you may also like the following:
The ELA Common Core State Standards require students to learn how to read texts carefully:
“As a natural outgrowth of meeting the charge to define college and career readiness, the Standards also lay out a vision of what it means to be a literate person in the twenty-first century. Indeed, the skills and understandings students are expected to demonstrate have wide applicability outside the classroom or workplace. Students who meet the Standards readily undertake the close, attentive reading that is at the heart of understanding and enjoying complex works of literature. They habitually perform the critical reading necessary to pick carefully through the staggering amount of information available today in print and digitally. They actively seek the wide, deep, and thoughtful engagement with high-quality literary and informational texts that builds knowledge, enlarges experience, and broadens worldviews. They reflexively demonstrate the cogent reasoning and use of evidence that is essential to both private deliberation and responsible citizenship in a democratic republic. In short, students who meet the Standards develop the skills in reading, writing, speaking, and listening that are the foundation for any creative and purposeful expression in language.” English Language Arts Standards | Home | English Language Arts
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Copyright © jellycat-in-the-snow productions
All rights reserved by author Permission to copy for single classroom use only Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only
Please remember that any of the products that you download from my store are my copyrighted property and licensed only for you to share with your direct students. If another teacher wants to use these same products, they will need to purchase them directly from my TpT store, or you may purchase an additional license for them. None of my products may be shared online. Posting of my copyrighted materials may happen only in a password-protected environment, such as Google Classroom, and accessed only by your students. Posting on public websites (WordPress, Blogger, Facebook Groups, etc.) is strictly prohibited.