Engage, inspire and entertain your students by hosting an Elizabethan Christmas in your classroom. Group work activities investigate the key elements of an Elizabethan Christmas, then create your own banquet, learn about the Lord of Misrule, the Mummers' Play and Christmas games. For FREE create a hilarious atmosphere with my Elizabethan Photo Booth Props.
So engage and inspire with 3 days of activities and over 75 pages of activities.
1. Group work activity details (35 page pdf) where groups investigate a different element of an Elizabethan Christmas and work together to create a Christmas gift.
2. A poem and diary introduction to an Elizabethan Christmas for study and discussion
3. A mini-book printable for taking notes on learning
4. Detailed projector presentation covering royal banquets, the Lord of Misrule, Mummers' Play, Wassailing, and Christmas games (25 page semi-editable PowerPoint)
5. Create your own royal banquet worksheets and banquet taboo game.
6. Elizabethan Christmas carolsl to listen to and study, 4 different carols worksheets.
for no extra cost my Elizabethan Photo Booth Props
Using this in the classroom:
# Host an Elizabethan Christmas - set up your Christmas celebration using the group work activities, play Christmas games, name a Lord of Misrule.
# Study history and literature side-by-side
# Gain insight into the Elizabethan and Shakespearean period
# Inspire and entertain your students in the run up to Christmas!
Take a look and see what buyers have said about my Shakespeare resources:
♥ “Fun way to engage students in Shakespeare right off the bat” February 2, 2017
♥ “Great background information” January 23, 2017
♥ “My students loved this. Thanks!” January 16, 2017
♥ “Very well done. Great intro activity for all level classes.” January 11, 2017
If you are looking for more ideas for creative writing, you might also be interested in:
Introduction to Shakespeare
Romeo and Juliet Workbook
Don’t forget to leave me feedback! You will earn TpT credits which means you receive discounts on your next purchase. And I do love receiving your feedback!
Follow my store to receive updates of all my new products and all my offers.
Thank you for visiting my store
at Literature Daydreams