I use Elkonin boxes to meet various needs of my students with disabilities.
This product is designed for the following activities, however those who purchase may be able to find additional uses:
1. Segmenting words into initial, medial vowel, and final phonemes (pictures for both 3- and 4-phoneme words available)
2. Isolating the initial, medial vowel, and final phonemes of words (pictures for both 3- and 4-phoneme words available)
3. Blending phonemes together to read single syllable words (pictures available for use at the teacher's discretion)
4. Blending phonemes together to read word and match picture (adds additional comprehension aspect)
5. Encoding single-syllable words with 3- or 4-phonemes (pictures available for use at the teacher's discretion). Students can work on encoding the initial, medial vowel, or final sound, as well as the entire word, depending on abilities. I have included printable letters to use, but other magnets, blocks, etc. should fit in the boxes.
If you find an additional use/activity that you think I should add to the description, or think I can enhance the product in any way to make it more useful, please leave feedback!